here i am again
still battling with my fat ass. i have been hovering around the same weight since August, that i know of. my goal is to lose 15 pounds by my birthday, march 6. that doesn't seem too hard.
my problem is i like to see results RIGHT NOW. especially with all the effort that has to go into this, i want instant gratification. when i don't get it, i assuming i'm failing and i stop. i go back to eating whatever the heck i want. ah, the good life.
well, it ain't so good anymore. i feel and look terrible. so here are my short-term goals:
1) eat more "super"foods, foods that are healthier for you than, say, a candy bar. these foods include almonds, blueberries, apples, broccoli, whole grains, tomatoes, bananas, that kind of crap.
2) drink more damn water. i hate drinking water... until i start drinking water. then it's great! but these last few weeks, i've been drinking nothing but Diet Pepsi (sometimes caffeine free). but that's not good. so... water.
once i do those two things for about a week, i'm going to start walking, yet another thing that i can't seem to keep up. now it's getting cold and i HATE the gym. hate. despise. so i either suck it up and go outside or do 500 laps around my condo. or... sigh... go to the gym.
my problem with working out is that i usually get sick after i work out a couple days. i get really really really tired and achy and generally feel run down. i don't know why this is, but i figure that if i ply my immune system with some ammo, i might fare a little better.
wish me luck.
and to prove my accountability to everyone, here is my weight loss ticker:
my problem is i like to see results RIGHT NOW. especially with all the effort that has to go into this, i want instant gratification. when i don't get it, i assuming i'm failing and i stop. i go back to eating whatever the heck i want. ah, the good life.
well, it ain't so good anymore. i feel and look terrible. so here are my short-term goals:
1) eat more "super"foods, foods that are healthier for you than, say, a candy bar. these foods include almonds, blueberries, apples, broccoli, whole grains, tomatoes, bananas, that kind of crap.
2) drink more damn water. i hate drinking water... until i start drinking water. then it's great! but these last few weeks, i've been drinking nothing but Diet Pepsi (sometimes caffeine free). but that's not good. so... water.
once i do those two things for about a week, i'm going to start walking, yet another thing that i can't seem to keep up. now it's getting cold and i HATE the gym. hate. despise. so i either suck it up and go outside or do 500 laps around my condo. or... sigh... go to the gym.
my problem with working out is that i usually get sick after i work out a couple days. i get really really really tired and achy and generally feel run down. i don't know why this is, but i figure that if i ply my immune system with some ammo, i might fare a little better.
wish me luck.
and to prove my accountability to everyone, here is my weight loss ticker:

4 Comments:
I get the "I only started getting sick after I started working out" thing too. like right now, I have a cold and am frustrated that I can't work out, which I think would run me down more. I was looking forward to starting cardio back up this week, too. I'd like to know what causes this reaction.
we are here with you. look forward to the day when you won't have to say "no thank you, I'm trying to get back into my old pants."
I am so so proud of you!!!! You are amazing and you can do this. You are strong and capable and you have all the information to do it and with your mind set you will visualize and see results. As you know we've talked about this over and over and I can agree with Margaret when she says it takes time. Try to be patient, keep at it and know that every hour and every day that you choose differently will stack up into serious results when you least expect them.
I am also not a fan of water without flavoring. I choke it down out of necessity, but I have to be really dehydrated to just drink water. I did switch to the Crystal Light packets a while back, and they make water consumption more tolerable. So do the Special K water additives. They're low in calories, so they are a good way to get water in ya.
Good luck on this. Here's to losing 15# together!
The trick for me was to find low-fat stuff that didn't taste like low-fat stuff.
If you take your lunch, an easy way to stick to it is to find a recipe in the Healthy Cooking magazine that serves 5 and pack it in individual servings for the week. Then add separate containers of veggies (if the recipe doesn't already have a lot) and fruit each day.
For an afternoon snack, you can buy those fat-free, sugar-free jellos or puddings. Or, take a half-cup of reduced fat cheese crackers.
Hope this helps. It ain't easy, darlin'. The first few weeks are the worst!
Post a Comment
<< Home